Finally, a solution for muscle tension and chronic symptoms caused by laparoscopic instrument use.
Repetitive injury causes well-documented* long term problems for laparoscopists.
Avoid the strain with the new Mediflex® RELIEF™ Ergonomic Laparoscopic Instrument Handle
The Mediflex® RELIEF™ Handle
- Addresses repetitive motion discomfort and injuries experienced by surgeons.
- Reduces muscle nerve and tendon stress associated with grasping and gripping.
- Reduces tension on all muscles of the hand, arm and shoulder.
- Allows the thumb to follow its natural sequence and range of movements.
- Is ambidextrous.
- Is available on Mediflex® Cutting Edge and Deluxe Instrument Systems.
The ambidextrous Mediflex® RELIEF™ Handle has a unique pivoting ring handle which reduces muscle, nerve and tendon stress associated with gripping laparoscopic instruments.
Click here to drop us a line
Or call us on 0151 733 1900 #2 or 07768 271 791
- Prevention of laparoscopic surgeon’s thumb. Surg Endosc. 1995 Jun;9(6): 738-9. Kano N, Yamakawa T, Ishikawa Y, Miyajima N, Ohlakj S, Kasugai H.
- Laparoscopic surgeon’s thumb. Arch Surg. 1993 Oct;128(10):1172. Kano N, Yamakawa T, Kasugai H.
- Ergonomics in laparoscopic surgery. J Minim Access Surg. 2010 Apr-Jun;6(2):31-36. Supe AN, Kulkami GV, Supe PA.
- Superficial nerve damage of thumb of laparoscopic surgeon. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 2001 Jun;11(3):207-8. Lee WJ, Cae YS.
- Laparoscopic procedures are associated with a significant risk of digital nerve injury for general surgeons. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2001;84: 443-444. Lawther RE, Kirk GR, Regan MC
For information on our other ideas to help you, please see below
Mediflex FlexArm Plus is designed for speed and strength, with greater rigidity and smoother tightening.
Disposable Tip Instruments (guaranteed sharp for every case)
Mediflex Liquid Scope Warmer – activates in seconds, quickly warming laparoscopes.
Laparoflex (the 5mm instrument that turns itself into a powerful retractor)
Universal Round Bar – Table Mounted Retractor Systems
Surgical Holders, Positioning arms, and Laparoscopic Retractors